NNAOG – News
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the NNAOG family.
Welcome back to everyone for Term 2 of gymnastics at North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics! We hope that everyone had an enjoyable holiday period and that all the kids are ready to get back in to their gymnastics classes for Term 2.
At the end of Term 4, we ran our third bi-annual “Time to Shine” gymnastics competition for our recreational and foundation levels-based gymnasts. We were very excited to see so many of our gymnasts participating in the event and having a great time displaying their gymnastics routines for their families and friends. The event was a huge success and we are happy to announce that we will be hosting a winter “Time to Shine” event at the end of Term 2. The winter “Time To Shine” will be on Saturday 23rd June. More information for this event will be available shortly.
We also want to remind everyone to check out our website: www.nnacademy.com.au as well as our Facebook page: North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics to find information about our classes, club news and upcoming events.
Things to remember:
– Bare foot when participating, please ensure all children wear shoes upon entry to the centre.
– Children with long hair should have their hair tied back.
– Sign in commences 5 min before class start time.
– If your child has not been booked in they will not be allowed to enter the class.
– Each child is eligible for 1 make per term, make ups do not carry over to next term. Make ups are subject to availability.
– Final payment for this Term is due on the 12th April.
– Priority booking for Term 3 begins in week 5.
– The most convenient way to book in your child is via our parent portal at:
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook for regular updates.
DIY strength and conditioning
Dish Holds (10-30 Seconds)
- No Holding legs
- No arch in back
- Tight body tension
Superman Hold (10-30 Seconds)
- Straight legs
- Arched Back
- Arms out straight in front of body
Push Ups (5-15)
- Tight body tension
- Chest in
- Getting nose down to the floor
Sit Ups (5-15)
- Bottom stays on ground
- Arms across chest
- Feet stay on ground
- Straight arms and legs
- Reach for toes
- Tight body tension
About the Business Owner:
I started gymnastics at 4 and when I showed signs of a promising career, I was moved into the competitive team of gymnasts. From here I developed my skills and passion for the sport and went on to win medals and all-round titles at state level, apparatus medals at national level and won my division on the Australian Tour of South Africa in 2007.
At the age of 15, I started as an assistant coach at the club I was currently competing for on a voluntary basis. From here the love of gymnastics grew as I started to develop the children I was coaching and improve my skills as a coach.
In 2009, I moved to the northern beaches for an opportunity to grow my coaching abilities even more. As a coach, I have had many athletes from Junior Development to Senior International who have won many State Championship and National medals and titles. In 2012 I also coached on the Australian Tour of Las Vegas with one of my athletes.
I have owned the “North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics” business here at Pittwater Sports Centre since 2015, encompassing both the FitNastics program and Competitive Gymnastics. I feel so lucky to be involved in this wonderful sport and want to promote it to as many people as possible.
Broccoli Quinoa Nuggets
- 200g broccoli florets
- 80g (1/2 cup) cooked quinoa
- 55g (1/2 cup) quinoa flakes
- 60g grated haloumi
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Tomato chutney, to serve (optional)
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place the broccoli in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1 minute to blanch. Drain and refresh under cold water. Squeeze out excess water
- Step 2 – Process the broccoli in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the cooked quinoa, quinoa flakes, haloumi, shallot and egg. Pulse to combine. Season. Shape level tablespoons firmly into oval shapes and place on the prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with tomato chutney, if you like.
Staff Member of the Term:
Mitchell is one of the newest members to our team here at North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics. Mitchell was a part of our squads program as a Gymnast in his younger years.
Having left the sport for a while Mitchell came back as a part of Narrabeen Sports High School academy gymnastics program.
Mitchell then came on as a part of our team as a Junior Coach.
He has been a fresh of breath air on the team here at NNAOG and we can’t wait to see what the future holds for Mitchell.