NNAOG – News
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the NNAOG family.
Welcome back to everyone for Term 3 of gymnastics at North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics! We hope that everyone had an enjoyable holiday period and that all the kids are ready to get back in to their gymnastics classes.
Throughout Term 2 the competition season for our squad gymnast hit full swing. We had 2 of our senior boys represent NSW at the Australian Gymnastics championships.
Justin Takayasu competed in the Level 8 open division finishing with a Silver medal in the Teams event and 4th in the All-Around competition.
Ben Kropman competed in Level 7 under 13’s finishing with a Gold medal in the teams event and 8th in the All-Around competition.
Well done to both of you on your fantastic efforts.
We also want to remind everyone to check out our website: www.nnacademy.com.au as well as our Facebook page: North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics to find information about our classes, club news and upcoming events.
Things to remember:
– Bare foot when participating, please ensure all children wear shoes upon entry to the centre.
– Children with long hair should have their hair tied back.
– Sign in commences 5 min before class start time.
– If your child has not been booked in they will not be allowed to enter the class.
– Each child is eligible for 1 make per term, make ups do not carry over to next term. Make ups are subject to availability.
– Final payment for this Term is due on the 4th August.
– Priority booking for Term 3 begins in week 5.
– The most convenient way to book in your child is via our parent portal at:
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook for regular updates.
DIY Strength and Conditioning
Dish Holds (3 x10-30 Seconds)
- No Holding legs
- No arch in back
- Tight body tension
Superman Hold (3 x 10-30 Seconds)
- Straight legs
- Arched Back
- Arms out straight in front of body
Push Ups (2 x 5-15)
- Tight body tension
- Chest in
- Getting nose down to the floor
Sit Ups (2 x 5-15)
- Bottom stays on ground
- Arms across chest
- Feet stay on ground
V-Snaps (2 x 5-10)
- Straight arms and legs
- Reach for toes
- Tight body tension
About the Business Owner:
I started gymnastics at 4 and when I showed signs of a promising career, I was moved into the competitive team of gymnasts. From here I developed my skills and passion for the sport and went on to win medals and all-round titles at state level, apparatus medals at national level and won my division on the Australian Tour of South Africa in 2007.
At the age of 15, I started as an assistant coach at the club I was currently competing for on a voluntary basis. From here the love of gymnastics grew as I started to develop the children I was coaching and improve my skills as a coach.
In 2009, I moved to the northern beaches for an opportunity to grow my coaching abilities even more. As a coach, I have had many athletes from Junior Development to Senior International who have won many State Championship and National medals and titles. In 2012 I also coached on the Australian Tour of Las Vegas with one of my athletes.
I have owned the “North Narrabeen Academy of Gymnastics” business here at Pittwater Sports Centre since 2015, encompassing both the FitNastics program and Competitive Gymnastics. I feel so lucky to be involved in this wonderful sport and want to promote it to as many people as possible.
Broccoli Quinoa Nuggets
- 200g broccoli florets
- 80g (1/2 cup) cooked quinoa
- 55g (1/2 cup) quinoa flakes
- 60g grated haloumi
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Tomato chutney, to serve (optional)
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place the broccoli in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1 minute to blanch. Drain and refresh under cold water. Squeeze out excess water
- Step 2 – Process the broccoli in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the cooked quinoa, quinoa flakes, haloumi, shallot and egg. Pulse to combine. Season. Shape level tablespoons firmly into oval shapes and place on the prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with tomato chutney, if you like.
Staff Member of the Term:
Jemma is currently completing her HSC at Mater Maria Catholic School.
Jemma comes from both a gymnastics and cheerleading background. She trained in a non-competitive WAG squad and then moved into a tumbling based squad.
Jemma has been working for us since NNAOG was founded in 2015. She has recently started coaching our new Advanced FitNastics class. It’s been fantastic to see Jemma bring in some of her own ideas as well as working closely with some of our senior competitive coaches to help continue to advance her own knowledge.